Law Enforcement Only
This 4 day program is designed to provide law enforcement personnel with the knowledge and skill sets needed to deploy a ballistic shield in support of law enforcement operations. Students will receive comprehensive instruction on ballistic shield deployment methodology, in both interior work and open air situations.
- Proper ballistic shield live fire technique
- Live fire movement solo and pair work
- Lowlight live fire shield work
- Vehicle Hostage Rescue and the ballistic shield
- Solo/small team Active Shooter Response
- Small team threshold response options with a shield
- Hallway movement (L’s T’s Opposing doors)
- Breaching interior doors and shield placement
- Deliberate clearance with the shield
- Dynamic Movement with the shield
- Hostage Rescue drills incorporating the ballistic shield
- Combative considerations with shield team movement
4 day/ 40 hours instructor course
- 600 rounds pistol
- 100 rounds rifle/carbine
- Ballistic shield is optional (we will provide)
- Duty rig
- ballistic vest
- pistol mounted lighting system
- Eye pro for low light shooting
- ear protection
- Note pad
- water snacks
Day 1 will be live fire. Be sure to bring ammo, eye and ear protection.
Both daytime and low light shooting.
Hours are Noon - 2200hrs
Days 2-4 will be 0800 - 1800hrs. You will get a complete schedule on Day 1.