THIS IS AN LE ONLY CLASS
The goal for this course is to teach the officer my methodology for learning and teaching the fundamentals of employing the RDS-equipped pistol.
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry/duty weapons. Part of mastery is training- here it is!
- Zeroing your red dot. 10yardzero.25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
- Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
- Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
- Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
- Red dots at distance
- Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation.
- Concealed and Open setups.
- Speed is the economy of motion.
- Speed is not useless frenetic movement.
- Micro Drill training method.
- Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
- Modes of Practice
- How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
- Target transitions
- Shooting on the move
- Identifying, diagnosing, and fixing common problems with all the aforementioned skills
- Slide mounted red dot pistol.
- The ability to carry 4 mags (1 in gun, 3 in pouches/pockets).
- Good holster of student's choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
- 1000 rounds of reliable ammo.
- Eye pro, Ear pro.
- Open Mind