Law Enforcement Only
The Presscheck No-Fail Pistol Course (2 Days) is designed to equip patrol and tactical officers with the skills to make high risk / high reward pistol shots in critical situations.
This course stresses the importance of being able to place accurate hits on small, moving, and limited exposure critical areas of the human body to instantly cease all motor function or cause rapid unconsciousness, usually resulting in death.
Come to this course knowing how to shoot. This is an intermediate to advanced level shooting course.
- General refresher on the basic fundamentals of gun handling and marksmanship
- Zeroing/confirming zero on all optics and lasers (and iron sights if needed)
- Analysis of individual shooting techniques of students/officers by the trainer to receive personal feedback on ways to improve accuracy and speed
- Engagement of low-percentage targets (small strike area often obscured with a hostage or other no-shoot area)
- Shooting multiple targets
- Shooting on the move (if class progression allows)
- Competitive shooting drills around your peers to build esprit de corps and create self-induced stress to perform
The student will understand the importance of critical hits and the consequences of a miss, and will be able to diagnose if they are capable of achieving hits at any given moment based upon pre-shot diagnostics of their sights in real-time.
This course will enable students to continue developing and maintaining these skills through the use of clear, repeatable standards.
The students should leave the course with a firm understanding of their personal capability to make low-percentage “No-Fail” shots.
- Pistol with 1000 rounds of ammunition (Course drills vary class to class based upon target availability and student progression. Courses have shot as few as 800 rounds and as many as 1,200 rounds.)
- 5 magazines minimum (8-10 for single stack)
- Appropriate duty belt with mag pouches. (SWAT or patrol belt) OR EDC setup (make sure you have at least two mag pouches)
- Cargo pants or admin dump style pouches on belt to carry ammo and mags to load on the line (limited breaks, load while others shoot)
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Ball Cap/Boonie Cap/Sun hat
- Neck protection for hot brass. I.e. Balaclava, high collar shirt, handkerchief.
- Clothing appropriate for weather conditions, DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
- Anti-Fog / Cat Crap
- Lens Paper/Cloth
- Sham-Wow, hand towel, or equivalent for wiping sweaty hands.
- Note taking material
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- Any tools necessary to disassemble your weapon, remove optics or adjust sights.
Food and water to sustain yourself for 10 hours. There is no programmed break to depart the range to get food.
Food will be consumed onsite between firing iterations.